In your never-ending list of hair goals, radiance and shine often find a place in the top five. While there are serums, mists and styling tools to help you get that sleek, silky, and shiny hair; this radiance will probably last only till the next wash. So, when you ask how to get shiny hair permanently? The answer would be to combine good hair care habits with the right products. Though your hair can lose its healthy shine due to several reasons, you can always flip things around.
To begin with, let’s look at what makes your hair dull and explore the ways to make it healthy and shiny.
Causes of dull hair
There are several reasons for dull hair, which is rough or coarse in texture and feel frizzy or heavy:
- Direct exposure to the sun
- Frequent heat styling
- An improper diet
- Chemical hair treatments
- Using too much hair products or using the wrong product
- Environmental conditions, such as dry or chilly air
Doing quick fixes to get shiny hair are fine, but applying too much heat can also cause hair damage. And before you realise, it becomes a vicious cycle that eventually makes your hair lose its shine.
So, what should one do to get glossy, shiny hair without damaging their precious tresses in the process? We are here to help.
How to get shiny hair?
If you are wondering how to get shiny hair and put an end to your hair care woes, you’ve come to the right place. Now, let’s look at some incredible hair shine treatments and tricks that will make your hair shinier and stronger (FYI, there’s no such thing as too much shine):
- Get rid of the impurities The impurities and other gunk in your hair makes it appear dull and lifeless. So, the first step towards “how to get shiny hair?” is to invest in a good cleansing shampoo. However, don’t shampoo every day as it will strip your hair of its natural moisture. Create a schedule that will give your hair some break in-between washes.
- Keep your tresses hydrated There is one cardinal rule when it comes to hair care: always use a conditioner after you shampoo your hair. Choose a lightweight conditioner with nutrient-rich ingredients that will pump moisture into your dull hair and transform it into glossy, shiny tresses without weighing them down.
- Blast your hair with cold water Once you have rinsed the conditioner out of your hair, the next step on how to make your hair shiny is to wash it with cold water. Cold water does a commendable job in sealing your cuticles, which keeps the hair shaft lying down. This can minimise frizz and give you shinier hair. When you are done, pat dry using a towel and avoid rubbing your hair as it can aggravate the cuticle.
- An overnight mask helps To transform your dull hair into shiny, glossy hair, you need to make moisture your best friend. Dedicate similar amount of time for your hair, as you would to ensure that your skin stays hydrated. An overnight moisture hair mask is another great hair shine treatment, as it will replenish your hair’s lost moisture and leave you with hydrated and nourished tresses in the morning. You can either use a nourishing oil as part of your natural leave-in hair treatment or simply apply a hair mask or deep conditioner and rinse it after 30 minutes.
- Don’t use products too close to the scalp Whenever you use any hair product, ensure that you don’t apply it too close to the scalp. Finishing products like gel, mousse or serum, can give you greasy hair instead of shiny hair when you apply it on your scalp. Plus, it can cause product to build-up and make your hair appear dull. So, when you are thinking about “how to make your hair soft and shiny?” ensure that your scalp remains clean and healthy.
- Don’t brush your hair when it’s wet We cannot stress enough on the importance of letting your hair dry naturally before you brush it. Brushing wet hair makes it weaker and prone to breakage. Plus, avoid styling damp hair because it will add more to the dullness and damage.
- Don’t expose your hair directly to the sun Another important tip on how to get shiny healthy hair is to avoid sun exposure. Just like your skin, your hair too needs a protective shield when you step out in the sun, as the harsh UV rays can damage your hair and make it dull. You can either apply a protective serum before going out in the sun or simply wear a hat.
- Do not style your hair frequently Heat-styling appliances give you a sleek, shiny finish; but also make your hair brittle and prone to damage. It strips your hair of its natural moisture, leaving it dry, dull and with tangled ends. So, refrain from relying solely on styling appliances and products, and try different ways to give your hair a natural sheen.
Hair products for shiny hair
If your hair needs extra nourishment and something that can make them healthy and shiny from inside, Pantene 3 Minute Miracle hair care range is all you need. If you want to know how to get shiny hair? Your answer is the Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioners range, which repair 3 months of damage in 3 minutes.
• For dry and damaged hair, try Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo. Pair it with Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner Daily Moisture Renewal to give dry hair an intense dose of hydration and protect it from further damage.
• If your coloured hair has become dull, use Pantene Colour Protection Shampoo and Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner Colour Protection. It protects your hair colour, makes it more vibrant and the micro-polishers smoothen and refine your hair’s outer layer to give it a gorgeous shine.
• For an intense damage repair, try Pantene Ultimate 10 Repair & Protect Shampoo with the Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner Repair & Protect. This damage repair conditioner repairs 3 months of damage in 3 minutes and gives you shiny, strong, and healthy tresses.
Getting shiny, glossy hair is possible. All you need to do is practice healthy hair care habits and keep the Pantene 3 Minute Miracle Conditioners range by your side to get better results.