You can trust the hair care products in your beauty arsenal to give you lush, gorgeous hair. But do you know what else will show your tresses some love? A soothing scalp massage! Scalp massages are often overlooked when it comes to hair care, because most of us aren’t aware of the connection between the two. Did you know that a scalp massage can stimulate hair growth? Well, now that you know this, let’s learn the right way to do it and reduce some of your hair woes.
Here’s everything you should know:
What is a scalp massage?
A scalp massage is similar to the massages you would get for your neck, back, or the entire body. However, unlike the force applied in the latter, scalp massages need to be gentler (or it can cause scalp pain). Usually, it’s done without hair oil, but you can apply it if you want to. If you’re too tired and there’s no one to give you a soothing massage, buy a scalp massaging device that mimics the movements of your fingertips and exerts similar pressure.
How does massaging give you healthy hair?
• A scalp massage primarily targets the follicles, which is where every hair strand starts its life cycle. It improves the thickness of your hair by stretching the cells of these hair follicles.
• It is believed that a scalp massage can dilate the blood vessels underneath the skin and promote hair growth.
• Massaging your scalp lays the perfect foundation for new growth, improves hair health and strengthens your roots, which reduces *hair fall caused by breakage.
• Use your fingertips to massage your scalp in a circular motion, to distribute the natural oil throughout your hair and increase your hair’s vibrancy.
For stronger and longer hair, try getting a scalp massage twice a week. Another way of getting healthy hair is to add scalp exfoliation to your hair care routine.
Benefits of scalp exfoliation
Our body gets rid of the dead skin cells naturally but exfoliation can speed up this process, making it one of the most effective ways to keep your scalp healthy. This process uses physical or chemical exfoliants to remove excess oil, dead skin cells and dandruff from the scalp, to give you healthier, shinier hair.
• You don’t have to wash your hair daily to remove dirt and other impurities that clog your pores on the scalp. Whatever residue your styling products leave behind, exfoliation can get rid of everything.
• Scalp exfoliation removes dead skin cells from the scalp and lowers the enzyme population, which adds to the natural shedding. When these dead skin cells are out of the picture, your scalp allows fresh, healthy cells to replace them.
• When you exfoliate your scalp, you clear up the follicles to promote hair growth and pave way for healthier and shinier locks. Plus, scalp exfoliation also removes the hard water deposits found in the build-up caused by hair products.
• Scalp exfoliation can also prevent dandruff as it allows the natural oils to nourish your scalp and keep it healthy and clean.
How to exfoliate scalp?
Now that you know the benefits, let’s look at the right way to do it. You can either use a scrub on your washed hair to get rid of the gunk from your scalp or try Pantene Charcoal Root Purifying Shampoo. Formulated with a Pro-V blend of Pro-Vitamin B5, antioxidants, and charcoal; this nutrient-infused shampoo is ideal for scalp exfoliation as it gently cleanses hair and scalp, and removes dirt and other impurities, without stripping it of its natural oils. This shampoo uses the power of activated charcoal, making it the perfect scalp detox treatment.
Unless your hair’s foundation is healthy, your tresses cannot attain their desired length or health. So, keep your scalp clean with Pantene Charcoal Root Purifying Shampoo and watch your hair grow thicker, longer, and stronger.
*All references on this page refers to hair fall or hair loss due to breakage.