Styling tools and salon appointments can make your hair look fabulous. Unfortunately, styled hair mostly remains intact until the next wash. So, for permanently silky and smooth hair, you need a good hair care routine that involves showering your hair with some TLC and using the right products.
For a healthy scalp and hair, it is essential to maintain a good hair care routine that includes regular shampooing and conditioning. However, this may not be enough, given the environmental stressors and heat styling that damage your hair, making it dry and rough. So, before we share some secrets on how to get silky hair without expensive salon treatments, let’s talk about the causes of dull, damaged hair and how to tackle this problem.
Causes of dull hair
Dry, dull hair means it is not getting enough nourishment. You can use serums, mists, and styling tools to get smooth hair that is manageable and shiny. But this is a temporary fix. For a more effective and permanent solution, you must get to the root causes of dull hair, such as:
- Using too much or multiple hair products
- Using products that don’t suit your hair type
- Environmental factors, such as dry or chilly weather
- Frequent chemical treatments
- Improper diet
- Frequent heat styling
So, when you are looking for tips on how to get silky hair, try avoiding these mistakes. Now, as promised, let’s show you some simple ways to get smooth hair.
Simple tips for smooth hair
The countless techniques available on the Internet for silky hair treatment can certainly confuse you. Thus, we are here to help you make the right hair care choices.
- Shampoo gently
A careful shampooing regime lays the groundwork for a good hair day. On our ‘how to get silky hair’ session, we recommend that you wash your hair gently. Also, do not pile up your hair on the crown area while shampooing, as it causes tangles and dries out the ends. Pro tip: clean your scalp with a shampoo and follow it up with a conditioner to get smooth hair.
- Rinse your hair with cold water
While a hot water shower sounds good after a tiring day, it’s not good for your hair and will only add to the damage. So, don’t use hot water on your tresses, rinse it with cold water instead. While hot water causes the cuticles to open, cold water seals them and locks in the moisture after conditioning. Plus, it encourages individual strands to stay flat, making it one of the easiest tips on how to make your hair silky.
- Don’t towel dry your hair
“If not a towel, how else do I remove excess water from my hair?” Get your old cotton t-shirts out of the closet. Wrap your wet hair in the t-shirt and squeeze out the excess water. Rubbing your hair with a towel can fluff up the cuticles, and cause a lot of friction and knots, making it more vulnerable to breakage.
- Finish blow-drying with a blast of cold air
For smooth hair, finish the process of blow drying with a blast of cold air. This seals the cuticles and locks in volume and the movement of your hair.
- Silk pillowcase for silky hair
Another effortless way to smoothen your hair strands is to switch to a silk pillowcase. Cotton pillowcases tend to absorb moisture and natural oils from your hair. Silk, on the other hand, is gentle and retain your hair’s moisture. Plus, it even reduces friction and prevents breakage.
- Use a protective serum
One of the best ideas on how to get smooth hair is to use protective serums, especially if you heat style your hair. Though heat styling can cause hair damage, you can usea heat protectant to minimise the negative effects and ensures that your hair won’t lose lustre.
These tips will help you get smooth hair, but if you are pinched for time and cannot follow an elaborate hair care ritual, these amazing products will cater to your needs:
• So, how to make your hair smooth and silky? Use Pantene Smooth & Sleek Shampoo. Created with Pro-V nutrients and 0% silicones, paraffin, mineral oils, and colourants, this moisturising shampoo smoothens and strengthens frizz-prone hair from inside-out. The nourishing formula also fights roughness to make it softer and more manageable. Follow it up with Pantene Smooth & Sleek Conditioner that controls frizz, locks out humidity and keeps your hair smooth and silky.
• If dry hair is a constant problem, bring home the Pantene Intense Smoothening Leave On Crème. Its enriched Pro-V formula smoothens and seals in moisture, deeply penetrates to the core to repair the damage and leaves your hair hydrated, smooth, and shiny. So, watch your dull hair transform into lustrous, beautiful, and smooth hair in just 3 minutes.
Silky, smooth hair requires some efforts and the right hair care products. Create a gentle hair care routine, which includes these hair care tips and the goodness of Pantene products and bid goodbye to all your hair care woes.